Volunteer of the Month: Haley Nesmith
1. Who are you and and how did you first learn about the Growing Center?
I'm a fairly new Somerville resident who consults for test and measurement engineering projects throughout Boston. I love getting my hands dirty, being outside and discovered the Growing Center after googling gardens in Somerville.
2. Where is your favorite place to escape to in the Somerville / greater Boston area?
Whenever I need to reenergize, I hop on my bike and head to the Minute Man trail out of Davis Square. It's a splendid highway to ponds, cafes, and even more bike trails!
3. What is your favorite vegetable?
4. What do you like most about the Somerville Community Growing Center?
The people, openness of the space, and the diverse community it cultivates.
5. What is your favorite thing about Somerville?
The spontaneous parades, festivals, and endless energy.
6. What is your favorite thing about growing?
Constantly learning a hodge podge of things, ranging from plants in cultures and food to the science of composting.