1. Who are you and and how did you first learn about the Growing Center? Have actually done a few events at the Growing Center over the years (I play music with various people),, and have recently rediscovered it through a friend who is also a volunteer , Delphine Gabbay . The impetus to volunteer came about recently as I am now semi - retired and so have extra time .
2. Where is your favorite place to escape to in the Somerville / greater Boston area? Favorite places to " escape " and get into the woods are the Sheepfold area of the Fells park lands and the Blue Hills Reservation.
3. What is your favorite vegetable? I like most vegetables , but I'd have to say broccoli is my # 1 go - to choice.
4. What do you like most about the Somerville Community Growing Center? The Growing Center has a lot of potential for many varied activities and I hope to help realize those possibilities .
5. What is your favorite thing about Somerville? Somerville is great because of the supportive arts community , and the entrepreneurial atmosphere that the many new and youthful businesses are bringing.
6. What is your favorite thing about growing? My favorite things about growing are the tangible results and the fact that this is a new learning experience which is taking me out of my comfort zone.