1. Who are you and and how did you first learn about the Growing Center? I am a tried and true Somerville lover. I've lived in Somerville since 1992 and I also own a small business (a wellness coaching and massage therapy practice) in Somerville, since 2003. I learned about the Growing Center years ago when I came to a labyrinth walk. I don't remember how I found out about it, but I loved it and loved the idea of the Growing Center. So I kept coming back.
2. Where is your favorite place to escape to in the Somerville / greater Boston area? One of my absolute favorite things to do is to hang out in one of the many cool coffee shops/cafes in Somerville, particularly ones that have big open windows or little outdoor spaces like The Biscuit or Bloc 11. I also love to kayak. So when I can, I hop over to the mystic lakes or spy pond. The perspective from the water is such a fun way to rejuvenate.
3. What is your favorite vegetable? Kale! When I was younger I never thought I would like kale. But now I can't get enough of it. Of course it's all in how you prepare it, but I love the heartiness of it especially when you throw in something crunchy like nuts.
4. What do you like most about the Somerville Community Growing Center? I love the commitment about community program offerings. It's such a great place for adults and kids to learn and explore a relationship with the earth and what that can mean.
5. What is your favorite thing about Somerville? I love all the opportunities for community engagement - all the great festivals and events. It really is a fun and vibrant place to live.
6. What is your favorite thing about growing? I think the powerful and visceral sense of hope and delight that comes from tending living things really can't be duplicated. It's something that deeply adds to our own health and wellbeing.