1. Who are you and and how did you first learn about the Growing Center? I am a Somerville resident who coaches and supports communities, groups and individuals in improving their health and wellness. I experiment with my own Health adVentures Herban Garden in my yard in Union Square. I attended a musical performance at the Growing Center during Somerville Porch Fest a couple of years before I moved into the neighborhood.
2. Where is your favorite place to escape to in the greater Boston area? A few local lakes, parks and ponds where I can escape into natural oases with my dog Moka, particularly the ones where we can swim!
3. What is your favorite vegetable? Sweet potato.
4. What do you like most about the Somerville Community Growing Center? Nurtures community in an inclusive and welcoming way, embraces art and music, and a green and peaceful spot in an urban setting.
5. What is your favorite thing about Somerville? Community and diversity.
6. What is your favorite thing about growing? Feeling connected with and witnessing the power of nature to change, grow and transform.